Everyone wants a great looking smile and Liberty Family Dental is here to help. Keeping your teeth looking their best is an everyday chore that will pay off in a great looking smile. When you are concerned with the cosmetics of your teeth there are some easy steps to take to keep them bright and white.
Minimize Foods and Drinks that Stain
- There are foods that we all love that can cause discoloration of your teeth.
- No one is suggesting that you avoid these foods altogether, but rather that you are aware of the discoloration they can cause, and that you take steps to counteract the potential damage.
- Coffee and tea are two of the biggest offenders when it comes to staining your teeth.
- Be sure to rinse your teeth with water after your morning cup of joe to keep your teeth looking great.
- Berries are a great, healthy food that you absolutely should eat; just be aware that blueberries, for example,are a cause of tooth discoloration.
- Rinse your teeth after you enjoy that piece of blueberry pie this summer.
Practice Good Habits
- The basic good habit of brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day will go a long way toward keeping your smile looking great.
- Avoid the bad habit of smoking cigarettes. The tobacco in cigarettes is well known to stain both your teeth and fingers.
- Get bi-annual teeth cleaning. A cleaning will get rid of any built-up plaque and keep your gums healthy as well.
When you are looking for a local dentist that cares about the lifelong health of your teeth, and accepts Medicaid, look to Liberty Family Dental.