Liberty Family Dental Clinic offers dental care for the whole family that is high-quality and affordable. We see patients of all ages and we accept Medicare. We think that prevention is an indispensable part of dental care. We do our part by offering dental cleanings and x-rays. You can do your part by avoiding foods and drinks that are known to be bad for your teeth. Below is a list of the worst foods and drinks for your teeth that you would do well to avoid.
- The combination of acids and sugar are very bad for your teeth.
- If you have a small child who is losing their teeth or have one extracted yourself, try an experiment by putting the tooth in a glass of soda and watch what happens.
- While they are packed with vitamin C that is essential for good health, citrus fruits are full of acid too.
- The acid in citrus fruits can eat away at the enamel of your teeth. Be sure to brush and floss afterward, or at the very least rinse with water until you can get to a toothbrush.
- Whether it’s dried pineapple or a sugar-packed fruit roll, foods that stick to your teeth are really bad for your teeth and should be minimized.
- After you eat sticky foods, make sure you rinse, brush and floss.
- Any sugar that stays on the a tooth will feed the bacteria that causes cavities.
Good dental habits, practiced every day are an essential part of your dental hygiene. Regular cleanings should be too. Call today for an appointment for a dental cleaning at Liberty Family Dental.